I like to feel creative. This past weekend I cleaned up my “craft corner.” Unburied my sewing machine (God I want to be able to sew my own clothes). Found my calligraphy pen – nibs are still missing, but I still have 2 boxes to deal with. Pulled out my watercolor paints and put a sheet on my little easel. Never got around to painting because of those 2 boxes in the way of being able to SIT at my craft table.
So I decided to list out the things I enjoy doing, however rarely I do them:
- Writing (duh, right)
- Reading (again, duh)
- Video Games (I should do more reviews of them)
- Sewing (not that I’m very good)
- Painting (mostly watercolor, but I have some acrylics I want to play with “someday”)
- Pottery (no place in my world for it, but I have loved it every time I did it)
- Baking (yes, this is different than cooking!)
Then there are things I need to do more of even though I don’t particularly enjoy them:
- Grocery Shopping (I hate this part of meal planning)
- Exercise (*shudders*)
- “Gardening” (yard work. I try to convince myself it’s less odious than it is by calling all of it “gardening”)
- Home Improvement projects (and what a list I have for this… always)
I like when I finish most of these, but the actual act of doing… ugh.
This is an exercise I put myself though semi-regularly, looking at what I want and what I need – then I pick something from the need list and reward from the want list.
And these lists don’t include other people. Finding times for my husband, my friends & my family…. I want to do stuff with them too. Movies, dinners, walking around seeing beautiful sites. They don’t include travel – which I love/hate doing.
Ever have one of those days were you just need more than 24 hours in it?